Monday, December 13, 2010

Movers & Shapers - Day 12

The last day of Tim's 12 days of Christmas.  What fun it's been coming up with ideas different than Tim's but still following his lead with all the steps he took creating his tags.  While reading his blog the idea for today's tag popped into my head and I couldn't wait to finish reading the steps so I could get back into my art room. 

Christmas is more than shopping and eating.  I wanted a reminder of the keys to Christmas...hope, peace and love.  I chose Tim's Styled Label (weathered wood) with one of the key hole movers & shapers.  The background is a sheet of Tim's seasonal stash that is a very busy Christmas collage.  The 3 Maya Road keys were colored with red, yellow/orange, and green distress inks.  The text stamp is by Outlines (D-306); I masked off the outer portions.  I highlighted the key words with the same colors as the keys.  The message sits atop 2 decorative ornament hangers.

My Wendy-style tag uses her heart stamp (From the Heart) that I stamped on grungepaper then cut out.  Sizzix numbers were cut out of the hearts to mimic those mentioned in the sentiment (Card Art Essentials).  They are held together with Tim's memo pin.  I masked then stamped the 23 (Art By The Number)* onto a piece of tag scrap, punched out and adhered to the memo pin with Glossy Accents.  The background on the text box is from Let Your Art Have Wings.  Tim's paper from his Retro collection is the base of the tag.  There's a snippet of calendar tissue tape behind the sentiment.

* 23 is the date of our anniversary







I hope you've enjoyed my renditions of Tim's tags in his style and that of Wendy Vecchi. 

Happy holidays to you all!

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely too, and happy anniversary! I have loved all your tags. You deserve a rest for - a day or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following all these 12 days and am so impressed by all your tags! You make me want Tim's stuff even more than Tim does!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spectacular ending to a great parade of tags, gf! These are awesome, just love what you've done with the theme. Great job, can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete