Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gesso resist ala Studio 490

I hear tell that at a retailers convention last week Tim taught them about using gesso as a resist.  I've seen several of the retailers since post their tags as well as brief descriptions of the technique.  I tend to have a heavy hand with gesso but I'm still pleased with the end result.

Once the gesso was dry I scribbled distress stains over it until I was happy satisfied then dried the tag again.  Using Studio 490 stamps, the solid flower image was colored with distressed markers, huffed on, then stamped.  The sentiment and stitched line were stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink (c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y flipped the image upside down); the dots were stamped in Olive Archival Ink but sprinkled with Ancient Gold Embossing Powder before it dried.  I went around the tag with a Black Micron Pen.  A simple black twill bow and voila!

Studio 490 stamps:  All About Art, Art-fully Said, Just Sew Artsy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! When I saw that, I want to try it too! Thought it would make a great EWV challenge, too! So, maybe you'll be ahead of the game? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous!!!!!!! I love that background!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ordered this script stamp just tonight...lol...how ironic! I love what it says! Your gesso resist background is wonderful...love your stain colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete