Saturday, April 20, 2013

'L' is for leaf

Have you used your masks and stencils lately?  Seems like they're all the rage lately.  Over on the Inspiration Emporium blog they've issued a challenge for them.  One lucky winner will be randomly chosen from all the entries to win a $50 gift certificate to the store.  Are you in?  I am...

I don't honestly remember what the background mediums are on this tag, nor the colors.  However, I do know that Bundled Sage distress paint is on top...I used it to mute the base colors since I don't care for the color in this medium and this seemed like a good way to use it.

At the top of the tag I've used a Studio 490 stencil with translucent embossing paste mixed with a drop or 2 of Peeled Paint reinker.  I tapped the paste with my palette knife while the stencil was still in place.  The added dimension makes for interesting texture.  Tim's alpha masks spell out the word 'leaf'.  You can barely see The Crafters Workshop leaf stencil (pinkish-red) all around the word. 

#8 tag; TH alpha masks; Sizzix tattered leaves die; TCW: Mini Leaf Frame Stencil; Studio 490: Lovely Leaves stencil; Dreamweavers: Translucent Embossing Paste; Ranger: distress paints, distress reinker, clear rock candy crackle paint, Claudine Hellmuth studio paint; Stampendous marble cube stamp; white sharpie; black micron pen; paper tape; chipboard letter

Masks and stencils...they're not just for journals!

5 comments:

  1. I love how subtle the letters are. It's fun starting on something when you can't remember what came first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,this is gorgeous! The leaves are so realistic. I love all the techniqoes you used.I have a card coming your way this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the texture you got in the leaves!!!! Very pretty tag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag, Susan! The soft, subtle background is simply wonderful! Great job!!

    Thanks for crafting with us in the Marvelous Masks and Spectacular Stencils Challenge at Inspiration Emporium!!

    Hugs

    Spike

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the texture! Oh the subtle lettering! This screams Spring! I LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete