Thursday, April 4, 2013

Be a designer of dreams

It's time once again for another challenge on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group.  The current challenge ends April 9th and must feature Ranger's Distress Embossing Powder as well as at least one Studio 490 stamp.  Sometimes I look at a set of stamps and don't see a correlation between the images.  The set, Botanical Art, is one that has always confused me...German text, spider, flourish, a flower, and a sentiment.  So I challenged myself to use all the images on my challenge piece.  I was successful and pleased with the results.  So perhaps there's more correlation than I thought...I just need to think about the bigger picture.

My #8 tag was a leftover from a 'clean off the craft mat' where inks and sprays had made a mess.  I stamped the German text in Vermillion Archival Ink; the spider in Jet Black Archival Ink and the flourish in Olive Green Archival Ink.  A white Sharpie accents the flourish. 

I distressed the edges of the tag with my scissors then edged the tag with black acrylic paint.  The silk ribbon was colored with various distress stains, crumpled, then left to dry.  The sentiment was stamped in JBAI onto the smaller piece of ribbon and attached to the tag using Tim's tiny stapler.  The silk ribbon at the top was treated in the same manner but German text was stamped onto it using Vermillion Archival Ink.

The center piece of attention is where I used Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress Embossing Powders.  The flower was stamped onto another tag that was also used to clean off my craft mat once upon a time.  (See, you don't need to throw everything away!  lol) This layer was also distressed and had black acrylic paint added to its edges. 

In my scraps I found the two number 5s.  (I told you I don't throw much away!) The reddish one had been die cut (Word Play) kraft core while the black one (Typeset) was cardstock.  The red one was sanded; the black one was edged with a white Sharpie and covered with Glossy Accents.

Do you think I can design a journal page from this tag?  Hmmmm.....


2 comments:

  1. Great tag!! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! That spider is one of my most used stamps...lol...thanks so much for joining the MAC!

    ReplyDelete