Here it is mid April and I'm finally able to really play with Tim's new distress paints by Ranger. His April tag for the 12 Tags of 2013 features them and getting them to marbleize on different substrates. Not sure this is my cup of tea and it took plenty of tags to even get one I was fairly pleased with. Oh well...I now have plenty I can use as bases for future projects.
You can follow Tim's blog post for details. I did use the same technique on the fragment as I did the metal pieces. The paint spread in such a way as to look like one of the weedy flowers so I used that as a dimensional piece over a stamped one. Bet that won't happen again any time soon!
I'm anxious to use other colors...the red one I tried came out pink overall...a very muddy mess...no marbling. This technique will require some more trial and effort on my part but I can see using it again...once I've mastered it!