Saturday, April 6, 2013

Di(e)orama

Recently I had to stop in at our local Sprint store and saw a tabletop display* that caught my eye.  I told my husband I could make that using Tim's Sizzix dies and embossing folders.  He asked why I wanted to recreate the display.  Huh?  "Because I can!"
The internal display is roughly 3.5" h x 5" w; the external frame and embellishments bring the dimensions to approximately 6"h x 7" wide x 1.5" d.  In between the 6 layers within the shadowbox are spacers ranging from 1/16" deep to 3/8" deep.

Ingredients:  core'dinations (kraft core, distress); Sizzix (on-the-edge dies: On The Fence, Townscape, Tree Line - negative & positive pieces, mini pinking for the grass), (decorative strip dies: Alphabetical, Tattered Banners),  (dies: Reindeer Flight, Bird Branch), (embossing folder: Rays); Ranger: Claudine Helmuth sticky back canvas, distress inks, distress stains, Stickles, Multi-Medium; Idea-ology (corners); Martha Stewart hydrangea punch

I'll be entering this piece into the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge where 'Absolutely Anything Goes!'


Just so you know, I wasn't sure this piece would actually come to life so the back is less than attractive!  lol
I don't throw anything away...here I recycled a cracker box and a manilla folder.

*The display was roughly 2' square and 4" high, made of corrugated paper, and had a similar layout as my diorama (shining sun, trees, buildings) - something to do with them being eco-friendly.  Wish I'd taken a picture.  Sigh.


6 comments:

  1. Susan...you crack me up! You used a cracker box to create such a lovely piece! I don't care if you DID see it at Sprint store...you figured out how to recreate it and that is cool! I love the design and your colors! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely shadow box with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart I love RITZ!!! LOL! This is so gorgeous Susan! The layered scene is fabulous and those sun rays behind warmed my skin...really! I love the bird singing and the flowers blooming. I hear Disney music playing and Snow White singing. Amazing scene! Simply amazing! Thank you for sharing with our anything goes challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show...no joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is sensational!! Well done blog friend~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is very, very cool! All those layers are just, well...to die for! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is awesome! Every detail is perfect. I love how the deer is looking up at the bird. I love everything about this. Also, I need some Ritz crackers, the pic made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it! And you would not know it was the same item! Gorgeous work. Kim

    ReplyDelete