Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Anything can be altered

It simply amazes me to see other people's visions of ordinary items turned into extraordinary creations.  Not long ago, Shelly Hickox posted her version of Suzy's mousetraps.  Good golly, what a lot of inspiration going on with these 2 artists. 

As you know, some 'local' (aka IL) buddies and I got together over the weekend and went nuts playing with inks, sprays, stamps, stencils, etc.  Deb doesn't have a blog but you can see Lori's art here.  I'll try to post Deb's pics here in my next post (it may take me that long to figure out how to retrieve/save them from her email).

Here are my versions of this normally nasty household item after they met up with a few art supplies.  The first one uses a Cuttlebug star embossing folder (I know, it should have been blue, not red), a Tim Holtz sticker, ticket stamp, grungeboard Sizzix star, Ranger Jet Black archival ink and Faded Jeans distress stain.  The metal is from Ten Seconds Studio. 

The second trap features Studio 490 stamps (ah, yes, Wendy's rose...the first class I took from her!), Kraft Core'dinations and Peeled Paint distress stain. 
 What about that tag?  It has lots of stains, sprays, an embossing folder from a UK company, and stamps by Studio 490 and Dyan Reaveley.  Some days you just have to be ridiculous!  His neck and arms are coiled wire (Christmas tree hooks that are dirt cheap after the holidays) so they sproing with any movement.  You might not be able to see it but he's also sporting blue eyeshadow!  Wish my legs were as shapely as his!  lol

Making art is so much fun!  And even more so with good friends!

13 comments:

  1. I just came from Lori's blog,and am so impressed with all you accomplished over the weekend. Your mouse trap note holders are wonderful, and I can't wait to see the rest of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done! love the art...
    love the humor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, Susan!! My fav is #3 - LOVE the quirkiness of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your traps, but that tag is SERIOUSLY ROCKING AWESOME!!! It's hilarious and stunning at the same time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those traps! And I think it's quite possible you guys had too much fun together... the man with phone dress is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I knew that last tag would get everyone going...HILARIOUS...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how all of these turned out Susan. That man with legs still cracks me up even though I saw you creating him!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun, busy, super creative weekend. You're art is over the top amazing! Hoping for a "next time".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the crazy tag man and what a great idea to coil hooks and use them as springs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are fun! I especially like how your mouse traps turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue Rose mousetrap says the girl who just "discarded" 4 dead mice from her greenhouse of sorts. These are SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG those are fantastic! I love what you have created!!

    ReplyDelete