Saturday, December 17, 2011

Tim's tags for Days 10, 11, and 12 but Wendified

Day 10 and we're using facets and foil tape to create faux mercury glass charms or ornaments.  This was really cool and I'm sorry my buttons don't show up as well as I had hoped.
Studio 490:  Art By Hand, He Ruled It Art, Fashion Style And Art; Art Parts - Tools For Art


Ranger:  Jet Black Archival Ink; Forest Moss, Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks; clear embossing powder; Perfect Pearls Mist - Heirloom Gold; Silver Paint Dabber; Fired Brick, Aged Mahogany Distress Stains; Glossy Accents

Tim:  Crowded Attic paper stash

Misc.:  Coffee Break Designs acrylic buttons, HVAC tape, muslin, broken zipper, snaps






Day 11 - one of my husband's favorites!  Tim showed us how to use shrink plastic then dip it into UTEE in the Melting Pot for a neat look of thick, aged glass.  Since I had cut out the Carved Ornaments I decided to not let the second go to waste.  As I mentioned on my Tim version, I don't have a melting pot but just kept pouncing embossing ink and UTEE over the ornament until I was happy with the results. 

In step 12 Tim spritzed water on his colored tag; I misted a solid stamp and pressed it to the glossy tag.  Cool, huh?  This particular stamp looks a bit like clouds floating in the sky.

Studio 490:  It's More Flower Art, Card Art Essentials, Art For Men

Ranger:  Glossy cardstock; Shrink plastic; UTEE; Gold Paint Dabber; Iced Spruce, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Festive Berries, Gathered Twigs Distress Inks; Peeled Paint, Meadow Alcohol Inks; Biscotti Perfect Pearls Mist; Glossy Accents

Tim:  Tag & Bookplate, Carved Ornament dies

Misc.:  red stones, ribbon

Day 12, last but not least...the lady with attitude!  I didn't have Tim's Tissue so I created my own from plain white tissue paper.  I crumpled it up before applying it to the tag.

Studio 490:  Be Inspired-Make Art, Regal Art; Art Parts-Residences; White Clearly For Art

Ranger:  Picket Fence Distress Stain; Jet Black Archival Ink; Glue N' Seal; Rock Candy Distress Stickles; Cloudy Blue, Silver, Black, Snow Cap Paint Dabbers; Walnut Distress Ink

Tim: Vintage Lace, Carnevale, Festive Greenery dies; grungeboard crown & wings

Misc.:  tissue paper, HVAC tape, vellum, pearl earring, heart charm, tinsel

The tissue paper flower didn't do anything for me but thought I'd give it a whirl and add it anyway.  I didn't make one for my Tim version.  Now I know why...lol!

I hope you've enjoyed the 24 tags I've created following along with Tim and the 12 Tags of Christmas and the Wendy Vecchi version.  The lessons I learned will be fun to put to use in future art pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment