Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 11 - shrink plastic and UTEE

Well, I no longer own a Melting Pot...had it for quite a while and never used it.  I know...bad me but you know, I am quite certain I still wouldn't use it.  I don't have the space and I have 2 inquisitive cats.  'nuff said.  But I was determined to create something quite similar and I think it worked out beautifully!  See what you think.

I cut out Tim's Carved Ornament from clear shrink plastic, shrunk it then pounced embossing ink on it unevenly, poured UTEE over it, melted and repeated the last 2 steps until I was satisfied.  Works for me!

Tim supplies:  Tag & Bookplate, Carved Ornaments dies; Season's Silhouettes, Retro Holiday stamp sets, 3 Trees stamp;

Ranger supplies:  glossy cardstock; Glossy Accents; Coffee, Jet Black Archival Inks; Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Iced Spruce Distress Inks; Red Pepper, Meadow, Lettuce Alcohol Inks; Gold Paint Dabber

Misc. supplies:  Martha Stewart ribbon, Tinsel Glitter; bell, wispy fringe; DecoArt Snow Writer

Alas...just one more tag left to share until next year. 
Once again, necessity is the mother of invention! 

3 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I love your frosty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Very clever, using UTEE on it's own, and it worked wonderfully! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag...I love the colors and the trees in the background...and the fact you have two cats! Gotta love those little guys, even if they do mess with all your/our stuffs! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete