Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 4...times 2!

I know many of you are following along with Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas.  On the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group we're doing them...but in Wendy's style.  I'll post Wendy's first 3 tags at a later date but for now will concentrate on Day 4 ala Tim and Wendy. 

Up first is my version of Tim's tag.  I made changes...I want this to be my tag, not a copy of his.  I can do those at a later time if I want. 

Tim's stuff:  Gingerbread, Mini Pinking edge, 25 dies; grungeboard; recipe from Seasonal Stash paper; Mini Holidays 3 stamps (branch of holly, Christmas music' token

Ranger:  Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint; Picket Fence, Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Stains; Festive Berries Distress Ink; Glossy Accents; Snow Cap Paint Dabber

Misc.:  tulle, buttons, beads, gold chenille stem, acrylic package scrap






I hated to waste the stains on my craft sheet so I made up several more tags for instant backgrounds for future use.  I kept going with pretty much the same color palette for my Wendy version.  Step 30 Tim says to manipulate the snowflakes on the edge die with your fingertips to create dimension.  I took my HeatIt tool and applied the barest amount of heat and the points on my gate posts curled ever so slightly.  Fun..but you have to be careful!

Studio 490:  Art From The Heart stamps

Tim's stuff:  mini keyhole, Iron Gate dies; key

Ranger:  Fired Brick Distress Stain; Snow Cap, Black Paint Dabber; Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint; Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany Distress Inks; Barn Door Distress Stickles; Glossy Accents

Misc.:  beads, ribbons, music text, tule

So if you're up for the challenge, try using Tim's supply list but another designer's stamps, etc.  It's all about having fun, getting inky and being creative!

At the end of the 12 days I'll have 24 tags that I'll be displaying on a dowel tree I just made for this purpose.  I'll show it to you when the challenge is over...I think it's pretty darned cool!

4 comments:

  1. Susan,
    I'm really enjoying your take on t!m's tags. Your decision to go with a sewing theme for the first two was truly unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color. Way to go on not wasting and making more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 'bonus tag' and that you used up all that good red ink. I haven't seen this set of Wendy's before. Thanks for listing the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so glad you are having a wonderful time. your tag is wonderful. keep going girl.

    ReplyDelete