Sunday, December 18, 2011

24 tags on display

I know some of you have created frames or bound your 12 Tags of Christmas into books but here's how I'm displaying mine, at least for now.  Next year they'll join the previous 4 years of tags in my porch windows.

My display started out with a vintage wood shoe form, men's size 11D.  The center dowel is 1/2"x3'; the branches are 1/4"x24", 1/4"x20", 1/4"x16", 1/4"x 12", and 1/4"x8".  There are dowel caps on each end to keep the tags from sliding off.  The topper is Sizzix Snowflake #4 which is a die and embossing folder in one package.  It was cut from a light blue core'dinations paper and sanded with a bit of white paint dabbed here and there.

My interpretation of Tim's tags are on the left, my interpretation using mainly Studio 490 stamps and accessories are on the right.  It will be fun recreating these during the year, trying out the techniques with different color combos, stamps, etc.  If you didn't have a chance to play along or aren't a huge fan of Tim's (I know, not every one is), this may spark you to make your own using your favorite designer, holiday, or color scheme.

1 comment:

  1. What a great display! I bet all the years tags look fabulous together in your porch.
    Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete