Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Time for another Tim & Wendy tag

and I scored another two-fer since my Tim tag also fits the challenge of 'time' on the Simon Says Stamp & Show blog.  I will admit I wasn't too keen on this tag.  Having dried up paint dabbers didn't help.  I've revived them with water several times and they still just get yukky.  Sigh.  I used HVAC tape but was able to make the seam virtually invisible.  Score 1 for!
Tim stuff:  The Journey stamp set (sentiment); mini ticket die; timepiece; spinner; long fastener; Pocket watches embossing folder; copper ball chain (needed something more masculine for this tag)

Ranger stuff:  Eggplant, Denim, Pitch Black, Red Pepper, Lettuce, Butterscotch, Sandal paint dabbers; Jet Black archival ink; Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap distress inks; Glossy Accents

Misc. stuff:  clear embossing powder, HVAC tape

Then I tried my hand with Wendy's art in mind.  Okay, so she doesn't have embossing folders but I used a ProvoCraft one and embellished it with a grungeboard Christmas tree and her stamp.  Not liking this at all.  Not my style nor Wendy's.  I tried using Ranger acrylic paints.  They don't work as well but I had to try them to see what results I would get.

Studio 490:  Art Of Making It Merry stamp set (text and tree)

Ranger:  Denim, Lettuce, Eggplant, Butterscotch, Stream, Wild Plum, Cranberry acrylic paints; Pitch Black paint dabber; Walnut Stain, Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough distress inks; Forest Moss, Pine Needles distress Stickles; Glossy Accents

Misc.:  grungeboard; Baubles & Bows embossing folder (Provo Craft)

So I decided to give the technique another whirl by creating my own Studio 490 embossing folder.  It didn't work out quite as well as I had hoped but it was suitable so I continued the process.  I cut out several grungeboard roses (Dimensional Rose Art stamp set) and found some grungeboard letters to spell 'rose'.  I placed them under my glossy card stock/metal sheet and embossed them.  Well, I forgot to change plates so you can see all my cutting lines on the embossed portions.  But I think that really adds to the dimension.  Unfortunately you can see the seam on this tag...oh well.  With Tim's tiny branch die I cut out 2 pieces from Kraft Core and inked them up with Lettuce acrylic paint.  On the tag I used Watermelon, Cranberry and Red Pepper paint dabbers; edged around the tag with the black one.  I created the rose with Kraft Core, sanded the edges then Barn Door Stickles on the petals' edges.  I know the 3 roses and word are a bit hard to see but having fun with the experiment was worth it.

I can't believe I've kept up on a daily basis with Tim's tags.  I'm worn does he do it????


  1. Wow, you're really smoking these tags! lol! All of these are stellar, but holy cow, making your own embossing folder? Brilliant!

  2. Susan...your time elements tag turned out really good! I can't even tell it's HVAC tape!!! I like the sentiment you attached to your tag and all of the colors you used to color you clock faces. Nice job! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

  3. Your tags are wonderful! Love your take on Tim's!

  4. Love your take on Tim's tag! I had never seen this technique before and I love it! Thanks for joining in with Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    Ellen :)

  5. WOW! These look amazing! I love the colors & images you chose!!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube