Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It's in the mail

Over on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group we're swapping 4"x6" postcards.  Of course, this means NO dimensional stuff 'cuz the good ole USPS will just kick it out of the system and charge a letter rate (or higher!) to send this piece of art. 

So, what to do, what to do?  Naturally Wendy's stamps must be prominently featured.  First I stamped the bubble background (Fashion Style & Art) in Antique Linen & Brushed Corduroy.  Over the top is the flower (Be Happy...Make Art) in Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky.  The butterfly (Make Mine Mini Art) was stamped in Wild Honey.  You know that little piece of foam that comes between Tim's 2 texture fades?  It makes a great solid stamp (Wild Honey) for the text - in Stormy Sky - (Flower Art) to sit on!

Need some dimension so I tore a piece of paper, placed it over the central image and stippled Bundled Sage around the edges.  From the outside edges inward I stippled Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy.  Next I cut several lengths of Tim's On the Edge Postage border and made a piece that I could place over most of the card.  Walnut Stain was stippled around the edges to frame the entire postcard.

The final step was to apply Microglaze to the entire front so that if it does go out in the mail, the artwork is protected.  Distress Inks and water would NOT mix in this case!  LOL

Oh, and on the reverse side is a 'Postcard' stamp in archival ink.  In the lower corner is a writing hand  (Collectible Art) where the message would go (also archival ink).  Hmmm...let's see if the recipient really will send this through the mail.  Hope so!

P.S.  I'm pumped up!  My 1882 art piece (Dec. 28) just earned me another Top 3 blinkie award over on the Simon Says Stamp and Show blog.  Woohoo!  I feel honored and flattered to have had my work chosen because there have been so many wonderful projects produced by many, many artists.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome postcard, Susan! Can't wait to see it in person! lol! I'm wondering if I should seal mine somehow, I should buy some microglaze. See, it can be done without dimension and still look great! And congrats on the Top 3 again!

    ReplyDelete