Thursday, January 13, 2011

Seeing Red

No, I'm not angry or mad.  It's the title I am using for my EWV Yahoo group ATC swap.  I encouraged the group to use Wendy's stamps to make an ATC using red as the predominant color and it didn't have to be Valentine related.  Easy?  Yes and no.  Sometimes ideas just don't translate to paper very well from what they were inside your head. 

All my stamps were from Wendy's Dream of Art set.  I wanted to use the scalloped border but was lazy so I used Tim's border die and the same paper I used for the flower. 

First I stamped the background lines using Fired Brick DI but I didn't fully ink the image.  The text was also stamped in FB DI but it was clear embossed.

The cardstock for the leaf, flower and border are from a Sizzix pad.  Nice selection of colors and were very inexpensive on a close out sale.  After stamping the flowers and leaf (Black Archival) I cut them out and wadded them up for texture.  Once dry I misted them with Forever Red Perfect Pearls (not the leaf!)  The leaf has some Bundled Sage Distress Stickles smeared on it.

Tim's flower parts are in the center and were treated with Watermelon Alcohol Ink.  The leaf part (somewhat hidden) was colored with Meadow AI.

Have you checked out Wendy's releases for this winter CHA?  Oh-my-gosh!  I can see I'll be in the poor house but at least I'll have something to do while I'm there! 

A very frigid day here in east central IL so I'm headed to my room to follow Wendy's direction...make art!

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome Susan, love the crumpled look of the flower, really makes it vintage and distressed! This is going to be a GREAT swap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that flower! my Wendy shopping list is getting pretty long! stay warm, Susan!

    ReplyDelete