Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's all in the details


Coincidence or incidental? I posted on the EverythingWendyVecchi Yahoo group that I had found 2 stamps that seemed to work together like magic. Had Wendy planned this? Dunno. Look at the finial border stamp from 'Art from the Heart' and the row of flowers from 'Art Rules'. In a trial I made the finials as flower stems (stamped twice, the 2nd time moving the stamp over so that the images were behind the 1st ones) and put the flowers on top of the finials. Truthfully it didn't come out quite as I had planned as the greens were fine (dark in front, lighter in back) but the flowers were all the same intensity.

I stamped the Dotted Swiss background (All About Art set) in Snow Cap (Ranger Pigment Ink) then quickly poured white embossing powder over that. Heat set. Back to the Pigment Inks & Perfect Pearls background - I used Shell Pink, Peach Bellini & Watermelon Ranger Pigment Inks and Blush Perfect Pearls. I chose these colors to complement one of the grungepaper roses I got from EileenB in our swap on EWV.

Who says the flower stems have to be green? Stamped in Ranger Archival black they also remind me of a fence. Layered over a scalloped border (Dreams of the Heart) in Ranger Archival coffee worked. This made the images seem better blended. The flowers were stamped in Fired Brick Distress Ink. Yuk, too intense. Overstamped these in Coffee. Much better. Added tiny clear gems to the flower centers. Nope, does nothing for me. Colored them with a brown Sharpie. Much better.

I left the left end of the tag devoid of all stamping. I used the 3 different ribbons to disguise this fact. Went around the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. Added 2 grungepaper leaves (Dreams of the Heart) colored with Peeled Paint & Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks. Added a tiny bit of Brushed Corduroy Distress Stickles to the edges. Glued them down, topped them with Eileen's rose. Hmmm, needs some text. Stamped 'It's all in the details' (Ranger Black Archival Ink, stamp from 'Art Parts') and the tag is complete!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing! Great use of those sets! And I absolutely LOVE that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is BEAUTIFUL! And what a great discovery, finding how Wendy's sets work together like this! Now I have to play... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Susan....what a great complement to my rose! You've made it look sensational!
    Thanks for sharing it.
    Don't you just love the polka dots?
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first visit here :) and what a fab and inspiring blog love your work
    Von

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic. Amazing how well those coordinate together and the flower goes perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I love the direction your art is taking!

    ReplyDelete