Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside!


Well, it IS very cold out but that has nothing to do with this precious (IMHO) card recognizing the birth of a new family member. I used 2 white layers on the white base. Sue Nelson (Heart Prints)uses this a lot and always looks stunning.

First I printed the baby's name (Hawaiian) on the top layer, embossed a line above and below that on my Scor-It board, then embossed the top portion with Provocraft Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy embossing folder and the bottom with P-C Swiss Dots embossing folder. The 2 hearts are also from P-C. I cut a pink one and a white one, embossing the white one. The narrow pink ribbon anchors the slightly off-set hearts. A beautiful card for a precious little girl.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, this card is so elegant! And professional looking! The white is really stunning. And such a great job embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that look. I agree white on white is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, both this card and your let it snow cards are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stopped by the other day and I just realized I didnt post how much I love this card. Very lovely!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! I may CASE this for a wedding card.

    ReplyDelete