Sunday, January 31, 2010

Everything's coming up roses



After 2+ weeks of no sunshine, I felt I had to make my own. I wish I could remember who created the video I first saw that showed watercoloring this beautiful rose stamp from Stampin' Up (Fifth Avenue Floral). After heat embossing the stamp with white ink & powder, I spritzed the image lightly with water. Sparingly I dipped my paint brush into drops of reinker (yellow, orange & red) as I layered the color to suit me. The water helps it move around to create a natural look. The leaves are from a Spellbinders set (sunflowers, I think).

I've used many color combos on this stamp for other cards; they always turn out so pretty, imho. I don't grow roses - too many Japanese beetles - so this is the next best technique to approximate the colors found in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment