Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year (better late than never)!


Hope your new year has started out splendidly! I'll be away this weekend and next week I need to do some maintenance in my stamp room before I can get back into my groove. Now that I belong to more groups I need to prioritize my time and figure out which swaps, challenges, etc. that I want to complete. Never mind that I still am trying to read a murder mystery weekly and squeeze in more genealogy research.

This card was inspired by one that Hetty Sanders (http://craftchaos.blogspot.com) has in her blog entry from Feb. 10, 2009. I really liked the way she did her circles around her image. Mine is a self portrait - NOT! Well, the hair coloring is a bit similar but that's all.

The main image is a Mark Towner stamp (Stampassions); HNY is Jody Poesy, 2010 is Hero Arts, and the rest are Wendy Vecchi (Stampers Anonymous). All inks are Ranger (distress and black permanent) except for the gold (Encore). The image was colored using Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. A few smatterings of Orange, Sunflower Gold and Cinnamon Stickles (Ranger) add a bit of pizzazz to celebrate the new year.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love her expression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Susan! The expression is priceless... love how the different stamps all work together.

    ReplyDelete