Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Use your wings...fly away

It's time for another technique remix from Tim!  This time he chose Tissue Wrap Collage from January 2015 and Stencil Plaid from June 2015.

I don't have the plain tissue wrap but went with the Terminology tissue wrap already on my desk.  I also don't have the new substrate he used so I substituted sticky-back canvas.  Isn't the vintage distress collage medium cool?  Love the effect!  Not to copy, I selected the feather (Feather Duo die) and mini stencil 24 (chevron)...this looked like a better fit for the feather.

Because I was too lazy to go downstairs and uncover my sewing machine (and the piles on it!) I did the Feather Stitch by hand using some embroidery thread to coordinate with the colors I chose for my tag (Frayed Burlap, Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon).

My embellishments include a Token Tag (Mermaid Lagoon distress paint rubbed into the lettering) and Botanical Remnant rub-ons.  The silk ribbon was from a package I recently received The Funkie Junkie.  (She always included the coolest little envelopes filled with ephemera and tied up with a bit of hand-dyed silk ribbon.)  Using one of the Crazy Bird stamps and dies was a must for this theme!  The bird also got the Stencil Plaid technique used on it.

While Tim's tag would make a great Father's Day card or fit the bill for any masculine card, I really wanted to create my own version and not copy his.  Besides, my father is no longer here on earth and I had already made my step-father a card to recognize his place in my life.

I hope you're enjoying the technique remixes monthly challenge!

1 comment: