A piece of mixed media cardstock was coated with gesso. Once dry I scribbled distress crayons over it, mixing and rubbing with my fingertips until I was satisfied (and my fingertips were burning!). Over that I placed Wendy's Polka Dotty stencil and gently wiped away the color using a baby wipe (which could have been a bit drier). I heat set it before stamping the background image in Jet Black archival ink.
There's a purple mat with a white core that was gently distressed. Both layers were added to a red Bazzill cardstock A2 base. Now the card was lacking but I didn't want any embellishments to take away from the card. I have several canisters of wedding/bridal flowers that I got at Michaels so I colored some white ones with the distress crayons. Two were colored with the green crayon and cut apart so I'd have some leaves. Glossy Accents comes in very handy when applying things to distress crayons. Black Enamel Accents form the centers of the flowers.