Thursday, June 30, 2016

Happy birthday to a classic!

My neighbor is special...he's come to my rescue more times than I can count.  He's the classic example of how I wish ALL neighbors could be!
I created the background using distress inks and both of Tim's Stripes stencils.  Using the large stencil horizontally I applied the Frayed Burlap distress ink; turned it vertically and applied Frayed Burlap distress ink again.  This was continued until the card was covered 3/4 of the way.  The same process was done using Stormy Sky distress ink and the smaller stripes stencil.  Voila...cool plaid! 

On the right hand edge I applied Texture Paste through the large Treads stencil.  Let dry then replace the stencil and color with brown and gray distress inks.  The vintage auto was stamped in StazOn Black Ink onto a piece of plastic packaging.  Double-stick tape was placed strategically so as not to be seen by the recipient.    The letters were cut from blue cardstock using the Typeset decorative strip die.

The envelope has brownish-gray treads stenciled on it...I can't let an envelope be delivered naked!

No comments:

Post a Comment