Monday, June 27, 2016

Happy birthday to someone young at heart

I had fun creating the background onto mixed media cardstock.  Distress paints (Broken China, Tea Dye and Cracked Pistachio) were scribbled then misted and allowed to pool, puddle and drip.  I even was daring and sprayed the sheet with Fossilized Amber Distress Spray.  More water, more pooling, etc.  Once dry I used the same colors but in distress ink through several of Tim Holtz's stencils (007, 009, 024).  I really hated to cover it up with an image!

The image was stamped in Jet Black Archival Ink.  Before it dried I poured clear embossing powder all over the card and flicked off the excess.  Heat set; let cool.  The number 5 was colored with Broken China distress marker.

Happy birthday to someone who is waaaayyy older than 5 (but sometimes acts like he's 5)!


2 comments:

  1. This is one of my fav stamp sets! I LOVE the image and love the soft tones in the background! Gorgeous make. I hope you and hubby are doing better. I pray for y'all often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan! I love the color combination on this card; it looks very fine. I wish the picture were bigger as I like to get a super close look at everything. A while ago your card/tag photos were much larger. If you can ever make them so again, that would be wonderful. I've followed your blog for some years and really enjoy it. Happy creating! Karen (thaiblues on GW)

    ReplyDelete