Friday, November 27, 2015

Veterans Day thank you

My oldest niece asked for photos of veterans to share with her classrooms on Veterans Day.  Even though she teaches art she wanted to incorporate the special day with her regular lessons.  I sent her photos of my husband and her great-grandfather.  Walt was quite surprised to receive an envelope full of handmade thank you cards from her students.  In turn, he felt we needed to let them know how much he appreciated the recognition.  Here is the card I made to say 'thank you'.

This stamp set of Tim's was perfect...not just for the first day of college for my youngest niece (the only one left in school).  The base card is white with a layer of red Bazzill cardstock.  All images were stamped in Jet Black archival ink on distress watercolor paper and colored with distress markers.  They were backed with blue Bazzill cardstock.  The sentiment came from the Crazy Talk set (also stamped in JBAI).
Love the Sizzix flag die...so many uses!  This was cut from distress watercolor cardstock...make sure you let each color dry before going to the next or you'll have some icky bleedovers.  I did put some tape on the back so the white stripes (left natural) would stay put.  The flag was placed atop a blue Bazzill oval (Spellbinders).

He included a heart-felt message to the students and my niece that I hope resonates with them for a long, long time.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat story! And your card for Walt to send back to the school is sure pretty. nise

    ReplyDelete