Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Remember...

we'll be attending local Veterans Day services at our grade school and the outdoor community service in the evening (weather permitting...strong storms and tornadoes possible).  I haven't been able to get a poppy from the local veterans group so I made my own using Stampers Anonymous 'Flower Garden' CMS215 stamp set. 


The poppy-looking stamp was inked with Jet Black Archival Ink and stamped on crinoline several times.  Various red and orange distress inks were used to color the images.  I cut them all apart so I would have layers to stack and make the flower dimensional.  The center was colored with green and black distress markers.

From more crinoline (added a layer of paper for support) I punched out 2 oak leaves and inked them up with green distress markers.  On white card stock I stamped the word 'remember' from an old Uptown Rubber Stamp sentiment in Jet Black Archival Ink.  I went around the edge of the banner with a bit of brown distress ink. 

Hot glue keeps it all together on top of a paper base and will be pinned to my sweater. 

Let us never forget anyone who has served 
or 
is currently serving 
their country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment