Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Leaves...one of a kind

and nature's colorful version of snowflakes.  This month Tim Holtz' tag featured the pumpkin blueprint stamp and the word 'autumn'.  You know me, I try very hard not to copy his but go my own way.  While I followed along for the 'how to' I chose a different image and word but still kept to the general theme of celebrating fall, my favorite time of year.

My stamps came from CMS126 and 133 (oak leaf and woodgrain background).  I replaced the arrow and twine with a token (genuine) and a long fastener.  My distress ink color palette was similar.  Instead of a cork sheet I used a real leaf I had picked up on a morning walk and pressed dry.  My Alphanumeric thinlits die is the 1" version.  I also added a rub-on (one of a kind).

While I love the riot of color that fall brings to the trees in east central Illinois, I certainly do NOT enjoy raking them or bagging them.  Hope fall is or has been pretty in your neck of the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment