Monday, November 30, 2015

Facebook challenge

An internet friend was having trouble creating cards from the backgrounds she had made.  She asked if any of the group would like to take a background and show her what they would do with it.  I spoke up first and asked for the woodgrain sheet.  I neglected to get a photo of it first but I think enough of it shows up that it really wasn't necessary for you to see it after all.  It's a beautiful background; the photo doesn't do the bronze shimmer on it any justice.  In real life it's absolutely gorgeous.

The tag was cut from thin watercolor paper.  I smeared distress paints (antique linen and pumice stone) on my craft sheet, spritzed with water, then plopped my tag on to the puddles.  Heat set and did the process over and over until I was satisfied with the color placement.  I smeared Antiqued Bronze distress paint on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water then moved it around with my new TH splatter brush.  I picked up enough paint to flick on the tag to bring out the same color on the background.  The sentiment (Stampers Anonymous Clear Stamps - Phrases 2 - HC006) was stamped in Jet Black archival ink.  The bottom of the tag was torn and the edges touched up with brown distress inks.

I had some EKSuccess Deep Bronze sheet metal 12 x 12 sheets that I've not used since I purchased them many moons ago.  They were perfect for this card.  I cut a strip and ran it through my Big Shot Plus using Sizzix Festive Greenery decorative strip die.  Now it didn't cut cleanly but enough so that I could get the pieces out without too much tearing.  I used a small sanding block to lightly scuff up the pieces before gluing them down with Glossy Accents.

You probably recognize the Sizzix mini movers & shapers deer.  It was cut from grungeboard and painted with several brown distress paints.  Once dry I sanded it then went over it with brown distress ink (whatever was on my tool). 

Silk ribbon and fabric strips created the bow on the tag as well as the deer.  Both were from past projects; I just hate throwing stuff away!  One look in my craft room and you'll know I'm not lying!

The base card and green layer are both Bazzill but I don't know what colors.  I'm running low on my favorites so I need to find a new source but looking at tiny photos on the internet don't always give the true color.

This sentiment is perfect when you need to hear some encouraging words.  I'm so glad it's in the set and in my collection. 


1 comment:

  1. This is really nice! Love the quote and that ribbon. Good to know I'm not the only "saver"! nise

    ReplyDelete