Thursday, November 26, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm grateful for all the support I've received over the years from my artistic friends.  Because of them this blog was created...and today is my 800th post!  It's been a fun journey thus far and I look forward to many, many more posts sharing my creativity with you.
The base is orange cardstock (unknown manufacturer) and the black/orange layer is Core'dinations Black Magic cardstock.  After sanding down the embossed portions (Sizzix Thankful background embossing folder) I went over them with a bit of brown distress ink to darken the orange.

From watercolor distress paper I die cut Sizzix Layered Leaf.  I smeared several distress inks on my nonstick craft sheet, misted the ink, then carefully placed my leaf into the ink and water drops.  I dried the piece then kept dipping it in the ink drops until I was satisfied with the color placement.  Love the coordinating texture fade...I smeared the inside with brown distress ink first before running it through my Big Shot Plus.  When it came out I misted it with a bit of water and dried it with a towel before hitting it with the heat gun.  The brown was a bit too strong for my liking.

Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, Susan! A beautiful card! Love how you colored the leaf - and how it turned out!
    ~ginny
    RubberMAD

    ReplyDelete