Monday, January 26, 2015

Hearts/love altered playing cards

It's week 20...and the theme is hearts/love.  But NOT your traditional red, pink, white, etc.  Huh uh.


 

Ranger:  distress paints (Ripe Persimmon, Chipped Sapphire); Black Fude Ball pen; Dylusions stamp (Around The Edge DYR34421); Jet Black Archival Ink

Sizzix:  Mini movers & shapers heart

Handheld heart punch; security envelope

White Sharpie

Ranger:  distress paints (Mustard Seed, Barn Red); Black Enamel Accents

Idea-ology:  tissue tape

White Sharpie; red card stock scrap

Sizzix:  mini movers & shapers heart die; Carnivale dec. strip die

I don't have spray paints so I just smeared the paint onto my craft sheet, misted my APC then swiped it through the paint.  On the yellow one I created a watery puddle of Barn Red paint and used a paint brush to flick drops onto the base. 

I normally would be bothered by the dots not being the same size but I actually like them as they are.  Go figure.  Likewise the lettering on the top card is a bit busy with the border I chose but again, I kinda like it like that. 

Maybe now that I'm about to put another decade behind me I'm breaking out of my shell????

 

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done Susan I love that measuring tape washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! Look at you, breaking out of that shell!! LOL

    ReplyDelete