Friday, January 9, 2015

Bright and colorful

These are two words are not normally found in my art.  But sometimes you just have to go outside your comfort zone and play.  These APCs are for Claudine's 17th challenge.  She chose bright pinks/reds, birds and thoughts. 

There was a line that had been etched into the gesso so I created an arrow out of it which directed your eye to the sentiment.  Even those these birds are from a Christmas collection I still think they're fine to use all year.  Friends are like ornaments in your life, collectible, not always around, but always there to add a bit of color to your life.
All stamps are by Hero Arts (birds - LL213, sentiments - LL091); watercolor paper, Ranger (Jet Black Archival Ink, Black Fude Pen, distress inks, distress paints/Spun Sugar & Picked Raspberry); Studio 490 stencil (Artful Words) and black embossing paste; TH Elements tissue tape; Sakura Glaze pens

These little works are fun to create, don't take much time and don't take much space.  I really miss making ATCs so these playing cards are just the thing to get me back to that time in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Your cards this week are so beautiful Susan, I love them a lot! Love those birds you used as well. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete