Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Mixed Media Tag Art Journal

Saturday I took the most amazing class taught by Wendy Vecchi up at The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.  Using Wendy's new archival ink colors, distress paints, distress inks, distress stains, distress markers, Clearly For Art, art parts, Blossom Bucket pieces, Idea-ology, Studio 490 stamps and stencils we created these luscious tags.  I learned a number of new techniques that I'm anxious to apply to cards and tags in the future.

Front cover - exterior
Front cover - interior
















Back cover - interior
Back cover - exterior



































It was a long day (9-6) with an hour's drive each way but well worth it.  Over the lunch break I did a bit of retail therapy and did my part to stimulate the economy.  There are still some things on my wish list...the first night of Chanukah is November 27....aka Thanksgiving eve.  Eight nights of gift giving should complete my list.  Or maybe not.  lol

Thursday afternoon is my first cataract surgery.  Hopefully Friday afternoon I'll be able to post after my first post-op appointment without too much difficulty.  But if you don't see me posting right away, don't worry.  It might take a few days to see clearly.

3 comments:

  1. How lovely that you got to take this class before your surgery! The tag book is amazing. Once again, good luck with the cataract op! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I hope Wendy might teach this closer to me sometime in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning tag book - I'm guessing it was worth every penny to take that class!

    ReplyDelete