Tuesday, October 1, 2013


This was a test and I'm pretty pleased with the results.  I wanted to see what the stencil (Studio 490 - Create A Wreath) would look like inked on one side then flipped over and inked again in a slightly lighter color.  The wreath does look thicker but the leaves didn't align like I had hoped.  Oh well.  Still happy.  I used Ranger's distress paints (sorry, I don't remember what colors!) on black cardstock.  The effect reminded me of those paintings done on black velvet.  I also used the 'Everyday Words' Studio 490 stencil for the word.
The black layer is atop a yellow layer on a coral-pink card.  Definitely NOT as pink as the photo above!

No comments:

Post a Comment