Tuesday, October 29, 2013

First artistic attempt

Not sure how this looks to everyone else but considering my vision is still skewed, I'm pretty pleased with my interpretation of the sketch.  I'll be entering this card in the October challenge over on the Die-Namites Dies blog.  Your entry should feature at least one Die-Namites die and the dare is to include a tag somewhere somehow.  A random winner will be chosen to win a $25 gift certificate to the Die-Namites store. 

The base card is Avalanche Bazzill cardstock folded to an A2 card.  I don't remember where the green layer came from as it has been in my stash for quite some time.  The edges were run along the blades of my scissors to distress them.  The top white layer was run through a texture fade that Tim Holtz and Sizzix have  called 'Candy Stripes'.  I lightly rubbed brown distress ink over the stripes to show them off.

On this card I am using the Die-namites Pine Wreath die (DN-1059) that I cut from watercolor paper.  It took several passes and next time I would use lighter weight watercolor paper.  The die cut was colored using distress markers (too many to name) and a water brush.  Once dry I put a bit of Glossy Accents on the red berries then sprinkled on Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter.  I did the same on parts of the pines but used CRCDG that had been colored with Meadow alcohol ink.  Glitter just does not photo well.

I turned a scrap of cardstock into a tag, tore the bottom and smeared distress inks on it.  A few splatters of water and the colors melded together.  More brown distress ink around the edges makes it pop.  I stamped the sentiment (from Tim's 'Winter Sketchbook' CMS094) in Jet Black Archival Ink.  A snippet of ribbon finishes the tag.

For the next few days I'll be too occupied with my folks to create any more art but these eyes need a rest so the timing is perfect. 

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Die-namites dies, but this one looks amazing, and I love what you did with it! Very cool!