Friday, December 14, 2012

Last of the 2012 tags

Tim recently posted the December 2012 tag and the delayed January 2012 tag.  I'm sad to see this end but hope he'll be able to do it again next year.  This schedule worked better for me than trying to do one a day for 12 days. 

Ranger: distress stains, distress inks, distress markers, archival ink, Stickles
Stampers Anonymous:  Autumn Blueprint
Sizzix:  Wordplay die
tissue tape, ribbon, crochet trim, watercolor paper, kraft core

Fall, my absolute favorite time of the year.  We have a large pin oak in our front yard so this leaf is perfect for the card.
Ranger: distress stains, distress inks, distress markers, Stickles,
Sizzix:  Stacked Words (Christmas), mini cardinal and branch dies, tree line (on the edge) die
Stampers Anonymous:  Mini Holidays 3
Journaling ticket, ribbon, tissue wrap, grungepaper, kraft core, DCWV

I used DCWV white core paper for the trees...once sanded the edges are immediately white, negating the need for additional snow on the branches.

Can you see 'memory' on the cardinal?  I had to finagle the die on the tissue wrap but it's there to celebrate the memory of my grandmother who loved cardinals. 

Thank you, Tim, for challenging us each month to recreate a tag in your style.  Sometimes I followed your lead quite closely, other times I took a different path.  I've learned a lot of new techniques along the way and found new ideas I hope to use in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I hope he continues as well. These are both wonderful Susan! Love the tree line, snow, and the extra branch stamp on the ticket! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful susan. I love the tree ,and snow just feels like Christmas. beautiful art!
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete