Saturday, March 10, 2012

Grungy Monday on a Saturday

The first part of my week seems to be filled with things other than being in my room and making art.  And if an idea hasn't hit me by Friday, I'm probably not going to have one hit Saturday either.  This was nearly the case this week but I remembered I hadn't put ink to one of Tim's latest stamp sets, Roadtrip, so I sat down and thought about the inspiration tag that can be found on Day 2 of the 2007 tags of Christmas. This is the theme for Grungy Monday 38...ack, I'm running out of display space!

Ranger:  Jet Black, French Ultramarine archival inks; Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, Black Soot, Gathered Twigs distress inks; Snow Cap, Lake Mist dabbers; clear embossing powder;

Tim stuff:  license plate card stock, game spinner, mini stapler

Misc.:  plastic packaging (recycled), #8 tag

I used the Route 66 sign in the same way Tim did the snowflakes on his tag.  I couldn't make out the sign on the tag so I carefully and lightly stamped the image using French Ultramarine archival ink.  I had initially removed the ink once I had the sign cut out.  Lesson learned:  do this with a light touch in the beginning and you won't have to do it a 2nd time.  I attached it using the mini stapler. 

Not being a car buff I have no idea what make, model or year this vehicle is but I do remember having a similar one in the family when I was growing up.  If any one knows the particulars about this vehicle or the train in his other new set, I'd love to have the info. 

2 comments: