Thursday, March 22, 2012

Grungy ATCs

I've now taken 2 ATC classes from Bobbi at The Scrapbooking Studio in Bloomington, IL.  In January the ATCs were inspired by Tim Holtz and featured many of his Sizzix dies and embossing folders and Idea-ology.  Of course you can't forget about the Ranger inks and kraft core'dinations cardstock, kraft glassine paper or tissue tape.  Yum!  Several techniques were used on the bases - lots of learning going on!


Last Saturday the class of 12 included my good friend, Lori (also list owner of the EWV Yahoo group).  Isn't always more fun to make art with friends?  This class used Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 stamps and art parts, and a stamp or two from Tim Holtz.  Some of the ATC bases were cut from the kraft Fun Day collection that belongs to My Minds Eye.  Ranger inks, grungepaper and more kraft core'dinations, and some Idea-ology were used to embellish the ATCs.



Bobbi is the manager of the Bloomington store (there's another location in Moline, IL) and is full of great ideas!  I'll be taking another class with her on Saturday - making a vintage bracelet.  I saw it in the 'idea' stage and couldn't wait to sign up. 

Thank you, Bobbi, for letting me post the pictures of your ideas for some awesome ATCs!

Not only did I leave the store with the ATCs did my part to stimulate the economy with my purchase of new Studio 490 stamps, My Minds Eye cardstock and a Ranger archival ink pad. 

Note of discovery:  See the spool on the 3rd ATC (Wendy collection-first row, far right)?  I think it looks extra vintage-y and grungy.  The spool is 2 layers of chipboard.  I let the glue ooze out and left it there to dry.  When you ink over it the color is resisted but stained a bit.  It looks as if the paper is torn or sanded but it's not.  I've used it lots of times and it never ceases to amaze me how it ages something so easily. 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous collection of ATC's - these sound like great classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous is exactly the word I was going to use to describe the ATCs! What great ideas you have on these little pieces of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Tim ATC's are cool too! It was a really fun day, and I do love the effect on your spool, very cool! And to answer your question, yes, crafting with friends is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love seeing all this eye candy, Susan. The ATCs are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHere have I been while you have been creating all this art! I gotta get on the computer more! These are such fun!

    ReplyDelete