Saturday, August 6, 2011

Think cool thoughts

8/10/11...a new challenge for GM and this tag looks very, very similar to the one from Day 10, 2010.  Must have made such an impression that it stuck with me.  Certainly wasn't my intention to look like I was copying his idea.

Another 3H (hazy, hot and humid) day in east central Illinois.  I'll do most anything to keep cool so my artwork will reflect this today.  Simon Says...make a tag!  Oh, yeah, give me a real challenge!  lol  Tags are a great size for exploring mediums and ideas.  You can make them the whole project or have them be a part of a larger one.  Love 'em!

This #8 tag's background was created using the Popped Embossing tutorial that is featured in this month's TechniqueJunkies newsletter.  I cut 2 grungeboard snowmen, only using the arms, hat and nose from the 2nd one (great opportunity to use small scraps).  After coloring all the pieces I glued them together, sanded some of the edges then used Vintage Photo Distress Ink over those edges.

Ranger:  Weathered Wood, Pumice Stone, Broken China, Faded Jeans, Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain Distress Inks; Pitch Black, Espresso, Snow Cap, Sunset Orange paint dabbers; Rock Candy Distress Stickles

Tim Holtz/Sizzix: Snow Flurries embossing folder, Winter Wonder die

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: Festive Sounds (music), Odds and Ends (ticket)

Tim Holtz/Advantus Idea-ology:  trinket pin, philosophy tag (both had Snow Cap dabber rubbed onto them then wiped off)

Miscellaneous:  ribbon, holly punch, 1/8" circle hand punch
*******
PS - I've enlarged the tag so all the background details can be seen.

5 comments:

  1. you could come over to my side of the world for some cool: our summer is rainy! luckely your weather conditions inspired you an awesome tag, love how you finished the snowman. it seems he'll walk away any minute! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a totally awesome tag, Susan. The background looks wonderful - wish I could enlarge it to see the details. Hope the winter theme helped cool you down a bit! So happy you joined in the fun with our tag challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Susan! I love your Christmas tag!! Really puts me in the mood to hear sleigh bells! Love all you did to this tag and the snowman is darling! Thanks for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool tag, Susan! Love that snowman!

    ReplyDelete