Monday, August 8, 2011

Another page for my garden journal

I'm quite proud of myself this year.  So far I've managed to keep an accurate log and layout of all my new plants and have made notes about which annuals work where, and which perennials need to be moved or removed due to a change in daylight exposure.  Now I need to transpose that info to one place...this page will do for a start.  In past posts you can see the pages I've already created for my 6"x6" journal.

Over on the EWV Yahoo group the current challenge is to use Wendy's pigment ink resist technique.  Not only does she share the idea in her first book on page 15 but on her blog as well.  One example is here:

Studio 490 stamp sets: Speaking of Art (Field Notes) - brand new set I won recently on Wendy's blog (thank you!!!), Life and Art (flower at bottom of page), Botanical Art (weed and spider at top of page), Art Parts (numbers at bottom of page)

Ranger:  Snow Cap Pigment Ink; Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Weathered Wood, Broken China, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Frayed Burlap Distress Inks; Jet Black, Olive Archival Inks; Orange Peel Stickles



5 comments:

  1. lovely page, that little Lady Wendy spider is so cute! and congrets on keeping up with your garden log! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful page for a practical task. It's wonderful when you can make art part of a "chore" even if it is a labor of love. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page, Susan!!! "Field Notes" is one of the sets I am definitely going to be getting for myself! (Congrats on being a winner!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool Susan! Love the colors, and of course little spidey. Thanks for joining the MAC, your tech came out perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute journal page. Would love to see the whole journal sometime.

    ReplyDelete