Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Sister's Day!

The first Sunday in August has been set aside to celebrate having or being a sister.  That means a lot of us will celebrate this special day.  Sisters are truly special and unique.  They may argue and fight, but when it comes down to it, sisters are the best!

I've had the picture and ribbon sliders on my desk since late last year and was saving it for Sister's Day.  Can't believe it didn't get lost or damaged - whew!  With this in mind, I took the 20th challenge on the EWV Yahoo group to create a piece of art using 4 squares with 4 different backgrounds.  You can see Wendy's first book, page 12, to see her art.  So not only did I get to add a piece to the challenge photo album but got a card made for each sister. 














Studio 490 stamps:  Well Worn Art, Live & Make Art, Art Fit For A Queen, Art Colors Life, An Eye For Art, and Art Inspiration

Ranger:  Plum, Jet Black Archival Inks; Weathered Wood Distress Ink

Yes, that's me...the tallest one.  I'm guessing it was 1960, pre-baby brother.  I think this is a neat picture and we have several like it of other family members.  Love the perspective!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I am very impressed that you kept the ribbon all that time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! I love using old photos and recently acquired quite a stash of B&W ones from my mom. Thanks for the inspiration this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nicely done! Your sister will love it. I do not have a sister. Always wanted one since my brothers teased me to death since I am the youngest. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome picture, and the card is fabulous, love the colors you used! Thanks for joining the MAC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for visiting and sending me good wishes, my friend! I thought I commented on this beautiful work of art! I like how the 4 squares are offset from the photo.

    ReplyDelete