Thursday, July 14, 2011

A challenge for a cheese box

Hey, we're on a 2-week challenge to create a piece of art using striped paper and a rectangle frame over on the EWV Yahoo group.  Why don't you join us?  The deadline isn't until Tuesday night.

I took this cheese box
4.25" in diameter

and added some striped paper, the leftover piece of crepe paper ribbon roses (scalloped strip), and a chipboard rectangle frame and came up with this.

Finished garden walk album

After I glued the 2 chipboard frames together (for more depth) I covered them with Fired Brick Distress Ink.  See the areas without ink?  That's the glue that I got all over the frames - oops!  But I love the distressed look so I'm keeping it just like that!  Amazing how a messy finger can make something cool - lol!

Our community garden walk was last weekend.  I selected 12 photos, made 13 playing cards (the title page is one) and created a rather unique keepsake of the day.

Studio 490 stamps:  Well Worn Art, Book Art Basics, Flower Art, Rose Art Part 2
Ranger:  Tea Dye, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo Distress Inks; Olive, Pale Ochre, Saffron, Coffee, Jet Black Archival Inks; Gold Paint Dabber
Hero Arts: Playful Alphabet

Don't forget to scrap your garden photos!  It will help you remember how nice (or not) the garden looked this year, what to plant (or not) next year, color combos you want to try again (or not), etc. 
Inside cover



 
 





All 13 cards







Back of playing card


5 comments:

  1. Oooo, this is BRILLIANT! I LOVE what you did with this...will CD's fit in these? Will have to check that out, they would work for pages, too..Awesome, just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Susan, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Susan - both to use the cheese box this way & to keep this record of gardens! I've taken pictures of my flower beds & put them on the computer ... guess I should do something more with them, huh? (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. quite a fantastic idea all the way around. I love the Wendy art on the box and the souvenir garden photos are stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome, Susan! have to say, what i love the most is the accidently grungy looking chipboard frame ;)

    ReplyDelete