Saturday, March 6, 2010

A smattering of sample colors



Whenever I get new inks I like to get the cases labeled on their sides so I can find them easier when they're in stacks. Then it's time to play with the colors to see what works and how. I'd saved a list of some nice distress ink color combos but had never taken the time to try them myself. I added in a few colors from the new release (just LOVE these colors!). Fortunately I wrote the colors on the back of the tags. I know I'll never be able to recreate the color exactly but I now have more ideas in my head for combos I might not have tried otherwise.

When you find yourself at a loss in the state of creativity, pull out some inks and just play! You never know what will come of it.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I think it looks like an art piece right there! I got my new inks today, and I'm so ready to break them out! Hopefully tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gotten any of the new DI's yet, but these are just gorgeous!!! Love love love your tags! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete