Friday, March 5, 2010
New stamps, new card
Finally got a chance to play with my new Wendy stamps. They are all so cool and complement the earlier sets. I'm so in love with her images I've been seriously considering selling off much of my 15 year collection - gasp!
I was looking for something in one of my stashed storage bins (my own little store!) and ran across some coffee filters. I'd made a baby book a long time ago with them but nothing since. Hmmmm...let's take them out and play with them. I tried some faux batiking on them but wasn't really keen on my results. The washes needed to be a lot darker for the image to appear but then it became too difficult to stamp a darker image on top. We'll try that again another day.
Using Ranger Archival Inks I stamped the images on the filter. I added distress stickles to the green leaves and regular stickles to the flourishes. A black gem for the bird's eye, a button tied with hemp and I'm happy! But now I needed a card to go in the 'envelope'. More new stamps, a few flourishes, distress ink around the edges - cool. Both items still needed something else...aha, black glaze pen to the rescue! Went all around both pieces to finish off the look I was wanting.
Hope you can let your creativity soar today!