Thursday, January 3, 2019

Mini snow globe tags

Aren't these just the cutest???


These are #5 tags using Sizzix's Tiny Snowglobes (663119) by Tim Holtz and the coordinating Dimensional Domes (663559).  All pieces were cut from watercolor cardstock and colored accordingly using distress inks (too numerous to mention) and a watercolor brush.

Before I attached each image to the round back of the snowglobe I tapped on Molotow Art Masking Liquid (Grafx) to represent snowflakes then let dry.  The sky portion was colored with dark distress inks.  The masking liquid was rubbed off and voila!  Snowflakes!  I left the bottom white since it would be covered with the Distress Clear Rock Candy Glitter.

The tags were stamped with CMS126/Wallpaper & Woodgrain stamp in archival inks (coffee and ground espresso).  The edges were distressed with brown distress inks.  The top layer was stamped using Seasons Greetings (660064) and was colored with various distress markers (thank goodness for the stamp platform!!!).  I used a 1.25" round punch and the domes fit perfectly through the hole.  Again, more brown distress ink was used around the edges of the top layer.

I used Ranger Multi Medium/Matte to adhere the snowglobes to the base tag and the top layer to the base.  That stuff is awesome!

The backs of the tags got a bit messy so I looked around for a complimentary piece of cardstock.  Well, what do my wandering eyes spy?  How about this beauty?  The colors were perfect; as if I had preplanned the whole thing.  And I had just enough for all 8 tags!!! 


1 comment: