Monday, December 10, 2018

Rollagraph wheels

Do you remember when these were all the rage?  That was a long, long time ago.  I have plenty of handles, Ancient Page cartridges (surprisingly enough many were still wet enough to use!) and even have a big table-top model (gathering dust). 

An art sister asked if anyone wanted some of her wheels.  I spoke up for the Flagstone one because I had an idea in mind for it, albeit a lame one.  Much to my surprise, when the package came it had several in it.  Her only request was that a card (or cards) be made using them and sent to her (via photo was fine). 

This week I used 2 of the non-Christmas wheels on holiday cards that I will send on to the friend.  I hope she enjoys the fruits of my labor.  Both were original ideas but ones that had been on my mind for awhile.

I created background paper (Rollagraph wheel Designer #4) using a red ink cardtridge (yes, the ink was faded but still liked the color) and turned it from a spring-like background to one with more of a holiday feel by adding gold dots to the flower centers and outlining the card in gold and putting it on a coordinating pink mat on a white card.  The garland on the tree is stamped to coordinate with the pinkish mats.  The tree (Stampers Anonymous Watercolor Trees) was stamped on watercolor cardstock using distress inks and distress oxide inks.  The sentiment was stamped in Jet Black archival ink.  Both the image and sentiment were covered in clear embossing ink and heat set.  
The 2nd card I used Rollagraph wheel - Flagstone and green ink.  The holly & berries image and sentiment are from Stampers Anonymous December Doodles and stamped in Jet Black archival ink.  The holly & berries were colored with distress oxide inks.  I scattered Shape Shifter mini stencil 113 to some of the squares; I also drew black lines around some of the edges.  The background was created using images from the same set but stamped in distress inks.  Again, the image and sentiment were covered in clear embossing ink and heat set. The oval punch and scalloped oval punch are EK Success.  (This is not the original -lame - idea I had for this wheel.)
Guess I need to look around my craft space and see what else I can use that hasn't seen the light of day in a long time.  What's old can be new again!


1 comment:

  1. I remember those wheels...lol! LOVE how you used them on these...love that pink! Beautiful and unique makes! Happy holidays to you sweet lady!!!

    ReplyDelete