Friday, December 7, 2018

Happy birthday, Lucas!

A good friend and local bartender turned 25 recently.  He just got a new truck, albeit a white one.  I just couldn't make this truck look good in white.
I used a Rollagraph stamp across an inkpad to create the tracks on the card.  (I was surprised he immediately knew what they were!).  The Dark Room Door image was stamped in Acorn archival ink onto watercolor cardstock and colored with General's pastel chalk pencils.  I did spray it with Krylon matte sealer to prevent smudges.

Inside I created a small pull out tag and envelope besides the traditional 'Happy birthday' wishes.  On the tag I stamped 'If it has tires or testicles, it's going to be trouble.'  He had a big laugh over that.  In his possession is a motorcycle, jeep and truck.

1 comment:

  1. Nice coloring on this truck Susan! I bet he loved it - especially that you went to the effort of hand making a card for him!
    ~ginny

    ReplyDelete