Sunday, December 11, 2016

Winter sweater

I LOVE this new winter sweater die (#1240)from Elizabeth Craft Designs!  It also comes with a die to make a reindeer head instead of the snowflake.  I can see this for holiday cards as well as any winter birthday or anniversary.

The base card is plain white cardstock.  The top layer is the same cardstock cut a bit smaller.  This layer was run through Sizzix Texture Fade 'Snow Flurries' then spritzed with Sheer Shimmer Spritz by Tsukineko.

I die cut the hanger, sweater, cuffs, neck/waistbands and snowflake from scraps.  A bit of blue-gray pencil added some dimension around the neck and sleeve area. 

Felt adding a message might be too much for this A2 card.  On the inside I added 'winter wishes' cut from the same scrap as the sweater using the Holiday Words: Script (660058) Sizzix thinlits die.

I hope my sweater conveys warm wishes to the recipient who is facing a tough cancer battle.  Chemotherapy seems to remove so much body heat that even a sweater isn't enough, no matter what climate you're in.


No comments:

Post a Comment