Sunday, December 18, 2016

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Every year I take a dish of mincemeat bars to older (90+) friends who can't get enough of these and no one in their family likes them.  And I sure don't need to eat the entire pan myself!  But I could!  And have!  Here's the card that will accompany the sweet treat.

The A2 base card is forest green card stock.  The white layer is mixed media card stock.  Using the mini Misti (perfect for this project!) I colored the individual elements of the image from Scribble Woodland CMS282 with various distress markers (one color family at a time) and stamped my image.  This took a minimum of 4 stampings to complete.  Using a water brush I pulled in the color for each of the sections. 

Once dry I applied Pearl Adirondack Metallic Acrylic Paint Dabber through the Speckles THS021 stencil.  Distress Stickles Dry Glitter (Clear Rock Candy) was sprinkled over the paint while it was wet.  I also added some paint and glitter to the roof, chimney, snow mounds and trees.

White Christmases are fine as long as the roads are clean and clear for those who need to be out on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment