Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Recognizing our school nurse

It's National Nurses Week and today school nurses are recognized for their efforts.  I know our district-wide school nurse personally and know that she spends many hours beyond her contract not only caring for students' health but also managing the mounds of paperwork required by the school and state.

There are lots of blue distress inks on the top layer, including splats of silver paint to resemble the universe.  IRL it does look like the Milky Way is just beyond my reach. 

The globe thinlits die was cut from watercolor cardstock and colored with various blue, green and brown distress inks.  I do put it under a heavy book to get it flat. My message was cut from the Typeset deco strip die out of scrap paper and colored with silver paint.

Inside...
I embossed a rocket on watercolor cardstock and cut out.  It was colored with blue distress inks and a bit of watered down silver paint.  The message was computer-generated. 

We don't have children in the school system but I know that if we did, they would be in the best of hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment