Monday, May 23, 2016

Cuckoo thank you

When I was a young girl my great-grandparents lived with us for awhile.  They spoke German much of the time and brought their cuckoo clock with them.  It was a special treat to be told you could pull the pinecones down to reset the clock for the next day.  Many, many moons and life experiences have happened since then and the cuckoo clock was discovered in my father's attic.  My younger sister initially asked for it but really had little recollection of it hanging in our home.  Just last week my sister brought it to me.  It now graces our dining room wall and brings back so many memories. 

I knew I had to make a special card to thank my sis for this wonderful gift.  Fortunately I just happen to have a rubber stamp of a cuckoo clock...now to bring it to life.

The image was stamped in Coffee Archival Ink onto watercolor cardstock and colored with distress markers.  From a scrap of w/c cardstock I die cut 'thank you' using "Celebrate" from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  The open door and cuckoo were stamped and cut out; the cuckoo was elevated with foam tape.  The base card (fits into a #10 envelope) is greenish-brown.

Amazingly enough, my cuckoo clock looks quite similar to the stamped image.  Thank you, sis, for giving me such a wonderful gift!

1 comment:

  1. Love the card; love the story! How cool that it now graces your home. As someone who calls her style "sentimental rustic country", I am so glad your sister saw that it belonged with you. nise

    p.s. just did a MAJOR change in my art studio with most all of my stamps (especially wood mounted) and I was sure I had every image imaginable. Nope! I don't have a cuckoo clock;).

    ReplyDelete