Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Fredbird

Are you a fan of Wendy Vecchi and her Studio 490 line of stamps, stencils, inks, etc.?  I am and follow a MakeART group on Facebook.  This month's challenge is to use at least one of Wendy's products on a monochromatic artwork.  Uh oh.  The hostess chose brown for her theme; I don't want to copy her.  Hmmm...love red...wonder what I have in my stash that would work?????  Ah ha!  Art Parts! 

Ingredients:  gesso, distress inks, distress paints, Adirondack markers, Crackle Embossing Paste, clear embossing ink, clear embossing powder, gold foliage pieces, Clearly For Art (white), Art Parts (Birds With Wings, fence section), stencils (Basically Bricks, Dots & Stripes Borders), Vintage Mesh background stamp, stamp sets (All About Art, Dimensional Rose Art, Daisy Art), Sizzix Easter Elements (bow), Suze Weinberg's Mini Mosaics, Glossy Accents, alcohol inks, red gem, Vintaj Patina

I can't step-by-step this process because I just kept playing and layering until I was happy but I did use EVERY red/pink available in the mediums above.  The bird, wings, and legs were coated with gesso first so that anything else I added would not soak in and be a more true color.  I love the striped leggings...inked, stenciled and stamped.

Fredbird will be residing in one of the many windows on my porch.  Birds frequently slam into them thinking they can go through my house instead of flying around or over it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment