Friday, December 12, 2014

Reindeer cards

Here's another holiday card using more Ranger, Tim Holtz and Sizzix products.
Sizzix Christmas Background embossing folder, Prancing Deer die, mini Bow mover & shaper die; distress inks

I pounced 3 red and 3 green distress inks pads onto the embossing folder before running it through my Big Shot.  Using whatever brown distress ink was on my applicator I ran it lightly over the embossed image to tone down the stark white of the card stock.  From Bazzill card stock I die cut the deer and bow.  The bow I then colored with red distress ink and glossy accents.
There was still distress ink left on the embossing folder that I hated to waste.  I spirtzed the folder with water and ran a second piece of card stock through the Big Shot.  Again, a light run of brown distress ink to soften the white card stock.


From the die cuts I used the negatives as stencils using brown and red archival inks (so they wouldn't smear) on the corners of the envelopes.


Why do I get simple ideas like this after I've made nearly 100 of a much more difficult and time-consuming Christmas card??????

No comments:

Post a Comment